Thoughts on Mass Effect 3Posted: April 1, 2012
Mass Effect 3
Female Shepard, Spacer, Hero, Engineer Class
Weapons Pistol, Sniper Rifle, and Submachine Gun
No imported saved data
!!This entry will have a lot of possible spoilers!!
Overall, I had a lot of fun with this game. Bioware did a really good job on it. I enjoyed the combat, dialogue, Music, graphics and art. I went with paragon choices for most of the events and dialog, except for a few occasions. Did most of the side missions and ran a few scans here and there.
I chose to play as Female Shepard mainly for her voice Actor, Jennifer Hale. The Voice Actors were good in their roles. The notable ones for me…
- Female Shepard – Jennifer Hale ( Star Wars KOTOR, Metal Gear Solid, Animated 1990s Spider-Man)
- EDI – Tricia Helfer ( Battlestar Galactica)
- Joker – Seth Green ( Family Guy, Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
- Anderson – Keith David ( The Thing [1980s], They Live, Gargoyles, Spawn animated tv Halo 2, Halo 3)
- Aria – Carrie Anne Moss (The Matrix Trilogy)
- The Illusive Man – Martin Sheen
- Ashley – Kimberley Brooks ( Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City)
- Miranda – Yvonne Strahovski ( Chuck)
- Liara – Ali Hillis (X-men Anime, Starcraft II, Final Fantasy XIII, FF XIII-2)
- Daro’ Xen – Claudia Black ( Stargate SG1, Farscape, Uncharted 2, 3)
- Garrus – Brandon Keener ( L.A. Noire, The Pacific)
- James – Freddy Prince Jr.
- Bailey – Michael Hogan ( Battlestar Galactica)
The First (tutorial) level is on a future Vancouver (Earth). Where we team up with Anderson, as we make our way to the Normandy SR2. You jump right into your first mission after boarding the Normandy. This gives you more tutorial info. You eventually get the chance to walk around the Normandy and talk to named characters, use the various ship consoles and stations. You can also start exploring the Mass Effect universe.
This game has a few slow motion/walking sequences and sequences you can’t skip. I beat the game at Level 41, with around 30 hrs on the game clock. Banshees will be haunting my dreams for a few few days. I never touched the Multiplayer, probably explains why my war room readiness rating always stayed the same. Even though I had access to buy the Armor sets, I still chose to handpick the various armor pieces myself.
I wonder if any of my choices on the Citadel Spectre terminal had any effect on the game.
Romanced Comm Specialist Traynor on my first go around.
Aside from playing as a different class or different powers and weapons, there is another reason to replay the game or even raise the difficulty level.
“New Game +”
After finishing the game you can actually use that Save data/profile to start a new game. Here’s what I noticed about this mode.
- Face can be customized
- Character name can’t be changed
- Class can’t be changed
- You get a chance to set a free, bonus (from squad mate) power before you start the game. Is usually 5,000 credits in the game.
- Previously acquired weapons, weapon mods, and armor pieces carry over to new game.
- If you find a weapon again in the new game, it gets a +3 (on the spot) upgrade
- Level, money left over also carry over
- Paragon, Renegade points carry over as is from where you left off.
- You will need to re-assign upgrade points for you and your squad mates
- You will be able to upgrade weapons beyond the limit of the first play through.
Having finished the single-player game once, I have a better understanding of why there is a lot of Internet chatter about the endings. I admit that I wanted more from it as well.
There were a few noticeable bugs while I was playing the game.
- Camera going into wall, Admiral Hackett is available on vid comm, yet he has nothing new to talk about. The game also froze/crashed on me a few times.
- After selecting the bonus power at the start of the “New Game +” I went to change it in the med bay but the slot was empty when I looked for it during the next mission.
As far as Science Fiction ships go, The Normandy is quite a cool ship. Will play through the game at least one more time. May go back and Play ME2 for save game inport to ME3.